Welcome to the Sprockets Resource Library.
Since you clicked on this page, we’re guessing that you’re like us — fascinated by the positive impact that quality out-of-school time opportunities can make in young people’s lives.
There is a lot of compelling, quality research being conducted on this topic. We wanted to share just a few of our favorite studies, reports and resources with you.
2011-2012 Sprockets Out of School Time Report - released at the March 8th, 2013 Network Conference
- The Impact of After-School Programs That Promote Personal and Social Skills (Durlak & Weissberg, 2007)
- Outcomes Linked to High-Quality Afterschool Programs: Longitudinal Findings from the Study of Promising AFterschool Programs (Vandell, Reisner & Pierce, 2007)
- The Common Core Standards: What Do They Mean for OST (Devaney & Yohalem, 2012)
- Sprockets Quality Framework
- Once we know it, we can grow it
- Connected Learning: An Agenda for Research and Design
- Edutopia Parents Guide to 21st Century Learning